June is National Fresh Fruits and Vegetables Month, and nothing tastes better than locally grown produce, right? We are lucky to have a great selection of farms to choose from in ILLINOISouth, and each one offers up something differnet than the next.
First, fruits! Eckert’s Farm in Belleville is well-known for its apples, berries, peaches, and vegetables. Fill up a bag of your favorites, and maybe munch a little while you’re at it!
1. Schwartz Farms (Centralia)
2. Stuckmeyer’s Farm (Waterloo)
3. Braeutigam Orchards (Belleville)
4. Scharf Farm (Millstadt)
5. Bigard's Strawberry Patch & Peach Orchard (Newton)
6. Taphorn Orchard (Beckemeyer)
7. Grissom's Lost Creek Orchard (Greenup)
Are you prepared for the arrival of the Great Pumpkin? Whether you’re rewatching Charlie Brown or simply getting ready for jack-o-lantern season, don’t forget to pick your pumpkins! Try out the pumpkin patch at Schoenbeck Ranch in Ellis Grove for all your spooky needs. Serving the community for over 75 years, Scharf is your go-to destination for all things fresh!
1. Happy Hollow Farms (St. Elmo)
2. Pumpkin Blossom Hill (Red Bud)
3. Strief's Country Market (Flora)
4. Shreve's Pumpkin Patch (Mill Shoals)
5. Country Kids Pumpkin Patch (Hoyleton)
6. Schaefer Pumpkin Patch (Beecher City)