Where in ILLINOISouth to Celebrate the 4th
Posted on 06/27/2022 by Tyler Pletsch
This July 4th we celebrate the 246th birthday of the United States of America, and many of our communities will continue the tradition started by President John Adams in 1777 by watching the fireworks launch hundreds of feet into the air.
While we have dozens of festivities in our region celebrating the 4th of July below we have collected a handful to highlight. All these listings can also be found on our VisitWidget on our website where you can customize your own trips: click here! OR you can download our app to have your customized trip ready on the go!
For Android users: Download the app here.
For IOS users visit: Download the app here.
- Annual Carnival and 4th of July Celebration (S. Brookside Ave & W Broadway, Centralia) - Friday, July 1st to Monday, July 4th - This 3-day celebration features a carnival, rides, games, food vendors, a parade, and a fireworks display in the park. On July 4th, the 10 a.m. Veterans Parade is held along West Broadway and finishes at Fairview Park. Fireworks begin at dark. This patriotic event with fun for all ages is held in the city's Fairview Park.
- Carlyle 4th of July Fireworks Spectacular (801 Lake Rd., Carlyle) - Saturday, July 2nd - Come and enjoy a full day of live music ending with a fireworks display shot off from point 1. The fireworks can be viewed by boat over beautiful Carlyle Lake or on the shore at the Dam West and Dam East Recreation Areas. Bring your coolers, lawn chairs, blankets, and swim suits and enjoy the whole day. Volleyball Tournaments, Sand Castle Building Contest, Live Music, vendors, games and more! Sandcastle contest and beach games begin at 1 p.m. and the fireworks begin at dusk.
- Olney's Firework Spectacular (Richland County Fairgrounds - 702 White Squirrel Circle, Olney) - Monday, July 4th - Stop by the Richland County Fairgrounds in Olney to see a fireworks display at dusk.
- Nashville Fireworks (Washington County Fairgrounds, Nashville) - Monday, July 4th - Fireworks begin at dusk.
- Fantastic 4th Celebration (334 N Market St., Mt. Carmel) - Monday, June 27th to Monday, July 4th - This week-long celebration will include Walk-Up-Wednesday hosted by young farmers, fish fry on Thursday from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., a concert, parade, and of course fireworks begining at 9 p.m. on Monday July 4th!
- Annual July 4th Fireworks Celebration (Twelve Oaks Vinyard, 17896 Vogel Rd., Carlyle) - Monday July 4th - Annual July 4th Fireworks Celebration. Music with Bangolicious from 5-9 p.m. Baldy's BBQ and Catering food truck. Fireworks with patriotic music at dusk.
- Robinson 4th of July Celebration (1000 S Robb St., Robinson) - Monday, July 4th - The celebration runs from 10 a.m. to 11 p.m. and features carnival rides, food booths, nightly entertainment, car show, baseball and softball tournaments, and a spectacular firework show in the Robinson City Park.
- 4th of July Celebration-Columbia (American Legion Park, 375 E Locust St., Columbia) - Monday, July 4th - Kids can decorate their bikes for the 4th and join the parade from the Main Street Abbey lot to Metter Park from 10 a.m. - Noon. Celebrate the rest of the day with bingo, Kloepper & washers tournaments, food, drinks & fabulous fireworks at the American Legion Park starting at 11 p.m.