In 2004, the Historical Society began the restoration of the former County Jail to house the society’s library and genealogical collection. Nearby, the Gov. Emmerson Home contains most of their museum collection.
This congregation migrated here from North Carolina and the church building was dedicated in 1846. According to custom, the cemetery is laid out in four sections: married men, married women, boys and girls.
Interpretive Visitors Center, trails, campsites, picnic shelters, playground, fishing lake
Three to four shows are scheduled during the academic year. Local artists are the main focus in photography, painting, sculpture,textiles and quilts, as well as other visual arts.
Fresh flowers, silks, and gifts
Greenhouse plants and cemetery silks